- I didn’t receive a confirmation booking for my purchase or booking.
Please check your spam / junk folder. To avoid this happening in the future please add us to your safe senders. If you don’t know how, google for the type of email you use. If you use outlook, here is a link to a “how-to” video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCV9v3HWAag.
- Can I book multiple swims at once using the booking system?
Simply select the dates you want and book the swims in one transaction. You should only do this for one person / one email. If you want to book for multiple people
- Why do you have a booking system on all sessions when it is only needed for busy and oversubscribed ones?
We have elected to use a booking system this season for several reasons:
- To give people certainty that they can attend the slot they would like so that if they travel a distance to the pool, they will be assured of entry and assured that it will be a pleasant swim.
- To better utilise the pool
- A booking system gives us more certainty and better enables us to plan staff.
- All other Lidos using booking systems saw their revenue increase. While we are a charity, we need to run the Lido using a strategy that enables the pool to be run professionally: compliant, safe, clean, and maintained and financially viable now and in the future.
We thought long and hard about how to implement it – whether to go with a hybrid model, part season, whole season etc. We will monitor closely and make changes to improve things where it makes sense. We appreciate that there may be some spontaneity removed from your swimming experience, but we expect that in term time, non-peak hours you will comfortably be able to drop in without an issue. We will not “kick people out”at the end of the session if the next session is not looking busy and we will try to be flexible. If you want certainty, then please book. If you want spontaneity as well as avoiding the booking fee, then drop in. Just be aware that we may need to turn you away from the door if the session is already fully booked. To avoid disappointment, it is best to book – especially during weekends, bank and school holiday periods and the 0630 and 07:30 lane swims.
- How did you choose your booking system?
A group of 3 people – 3 of us spent several months surveying booking systems being used at other Lidos in the UK, short listed 2 and trialled them both. We considered our experience with a booking system in 2021 during Covid. We choose “Booked It” because of the service offered, the reasonable fees and the ability to add on other business features that we will find useful to help manage the pool. “Booked It” has 2 years of experience with Beccles Lido (a known leader in the field of good Lido management). “Booked it” is now also being used at Arundel Lido. The retention rate of firms using “Booked It” is 99%.
- Do I need to swim at “set times” now that you have a booking system? Will I be asked to leave the pool the end of a session time when the next session is the same type?
POASP reserves the right to hold customers to the set times during busy periods but will not enforce this when not required. So, for example you come 15 late to your session and then plan to overstay by 5 minutes, that will probably be okay in term time, non-peak hours.
- How many weeks in advance can I book my swim?
We aim to make approximately 2 weeks ahead available for booking. The following week will be released to book on a Monday (Tuesdays on bank holidays).
- Do I need to book a double session if I want to span 2 booking periods?
In term time during the week, you are unlikely to need to do this. If you want certainty and have a Season’s Pass we cannot stop you from doing that. However, perhaps see how it goes and you may find it unnecessary.
- How do I book a swim using my Season’s Pass?
Once you have bought your season ticket, you will receive a membership code which enables you to book future sessions. Please wait approximately an hour after receiving the code for the first time before trying to book to allow the system to process your membership.
- My membership code doesn’t work when I have entered it book a swim using my Season’s Pass
Please wait approximately an hour after receiving the code for the first time before trying to book to allow the system to process your membership.
- Why do I need to enter my name and email details in every time I book a swim with my season ticket? Your system has this information, why should I need to input it again?
Unfortunately, currently the system is configured in such a way that this is necessary. We will feedback improvements to the booking system to “Booked It” which we hope can be incorporated into future updates.
- Can I drop in rather than booking if I have a season’s pass?
You may drop in rather than book if you have a season ticket. Please note that you could be you may be turned away at the door if the session that you are dropping in for is full. To avoid disappointment, it is best to book – especially during weekends, bank and school holiday periods and the 0630 and 0730 lane swims.
- Why should I cancel my booking if I have a season pass?
If you have booked a session and know that you are not able to attend, please cancel your booking as soon as you know so that we will be able to accommodate others in the pool. The cancellation takes approximately 1 hour to process so please help us and try to avoid cancelling too late.
- Why don’t you make advanced booking available to Season Pass holders ahead of the public?
Unfortunately, the booking system cannot currently accommodate this option.
- Can I get a physical card if I have a season’s pass so I can use it to show when I drop in rather than book a swim?
Yes, please ask for your card at reception. You will need to fill in your membership code and number. Note that the membership code or card not transferable to anyone else and you may be asked to provide ID.
- How do I get my discount code for my free “bring a friend” swim when I buy a Season’s Pass.
Once the majority of seasons passes have been bought (it is rare for someone to buy one after the first 4 weeks of the season), we will issue you a discount code which you can give to a friend to book a swim. To redeem you 2 free coffees, ask for your vouchers when you turn up for your first swim.
- My senior / disabled friend cannot use IT. Is there a way for them to still buy a season’s pass once and to then only drop in rather than booking?
We recognise that not everyone is going to be comfortable using IT. For the very small minority of swimmers who do not have access to IT, we work for other ways to accommodate you. This will only be a viable option you choose to swim at non-peak times. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I book a swim using a 10 swim discount code?
Once you have bought your 10-swim ticket you will receive a discount code which enables you to book future sessions. The booking system will track each swim you have and stop working after 10 sessions have been booked. Please wait approximately an hour after receiving the code for the first time before trying to book to allow the system to process your 10 swim discount.
- My discount code doesn’t work when I have entered it to book a swim using my 10 swim discount.
Please wait approximately an hour after receiving the code for the first time before trying to book to allow the system to process your 10 swim discount.
- Can I drop in and use my 10 swim discount (booked on the booking system) without pre-booking?
It is much better for us if you book your own swim using the discount codes. While we will be ale to do this at reception for you, it would really help us if you were able to do it for yourself ahead of time.
- Can I buy a 10 swim voucher for drop-in only at the reception?
You may elect to buy a 10 swim voucher outside of the booking system and avoid the fee but be aware that it can only be used for dropping in and you may be turned away at the gate if the session that you are dropping in for is full.
- Can I cancel my booking? Can I get a refund on a cancelled booking?
- Can I change my booking?
- Why should I cancel my booking even if i don’t get a refund?
- Why can I not see updates in the numbers available for a session when I cancel a session?
- Single swims are very expensive especially when adding a booking fee on top. Are you not disenfranchising / disadvantaging some segments of the community?
- It seems like a lot of money is going to the booking company. Is using a booking system a wise financial decision?